Lee County Tuesday the 6th @ 9:30am
Award a contract for the Caloosahatchee Regional Park Shoreline Stabilization Phase II project
($222,675; Tourist Development Beach and Shoreline Capital Improvement Fund; Included in budget.):
Awards project ITB160398, Caloosahatchee Regional Park Shoreline Stabilization Phase II, to TSI Disaster Recovery, LLC, in the amount of $222,675, to furnish and install 1,050 linear feet of revetment along a portion of shoreline inside Caloosahatchee Regional Park. The work includes the placement of an estimated 2,300 cubic yards of riprap and bedding stone on a 3:1 graded slope with the associated removal of shrubs and bushes within the footprint. Select vegetation, such as trees, will remain with the riprap placed around the vegetation. This work will stabilize and protect the shoreline that has eroded from wave action. This work was planned, is included in the current budget, and will be funded by bed taxes. The initial phase to stabilize the shoreline began in Fiscal Year 2014-2015. Upon completion of this final phase, a total of 3,280 linear feet of shoreline will be stabilized at a cost of $900,000, all of which has been funded by bed taxes. (#20160410-FACILITIES CONSTRUCTION AND MANAGEMENT)
City of Cape Coral No Meetings
City of Fort Myers Tuesday the 6th @ 4:30pm
Town of Fort Myers Beach Thursday the 8th @ 6:30pm
City of Sanibel Saturday the 10th @ 10:30am
City of Bonita Springs Wednesday the 7th @ 5:30pm
Village of Estero Wednesday the 7th @ 5:30am
Charlotte County No Meetings
City of Punta Gorda Wednesday the 7th @ 9:00am
Sarasota County Tuesday the 6th and Wednesday the 7th @ 9:00am
City of North Port Thursday the 8th @ 6:00pm
City of Sarasota Tuesday the 6th @ 2:30pm
City of Venice No Meetings
Town of Longboat Key No Meetings
Manatee County No Meetings
City of Anna Maria No Meetings
City of Bradenton Beach Wednesday the 7th @ 5:45pm
City of Bradenton Wednesday the 7th @ 5:00pm
City of Holmes Beach No Meetings
City of Palmetto No Meetings
Hillsborough County Thursday the 8th @ 9:00am
Approve the FY 17 Interlocal Agreements with the City of Tampa and the City of Temple Terrace to share boat registration fee revenue. The City of Tampa is to receive $182,000 and the City of Temple Terrace is to receive $60,000 from the County Boat Registration Fee program to support marine law enforcement activities. The allocation of $182,000 to the City of Tampa and $60,000 to the City to Temple Terrace is included in the FY 17 adopted budget in the Countywide Boat Registration Fund within the Governmental Agencies Department of Conservation and Environmental Lands Management.
Plant City No Meetings
City of Tampa Thursday the 8th @ 5:30pm
City of Temple Terrace No Meetings
Pinellas County No Meetings
Town of Belleair Tuesday the 6th @ 5:30pm
City of Belleair Beach Wednesday the 7th @ 5:30pm
City of Belleair Bluffs Tuesday the 6th @ 8:00pm
City of Clearwater No Meetings
City of Gulfport Tuesday the 6th @ 7:00pm
City of Indian Rocks Beach Thursday the 8th @ 7:00pm
Town of Indian Shores Tuesday the 6th @ 5:00pm
City of Largo Tuesday the 6th @ 6:00pm
City of Madeira Beach Tuesday the 6th @ 6:00pm
Town of North Redington Beach Thursday the 8th @ 6:00pm
City of Oldsmar Tuesday the 6th @ 7:00pm
City of Pinellas Park Thursday the 8th @ 7:30pm
Town of Redington Shores No Meetings
City of Safety Harbor Tuesday the 6th @ 7:30pm
City of Seminole No Meetings
City South Pasadena Tuesday the 6th @ 9:00am
City of St. Pete Beach Tuesday the 6th @ 6:00pm
City of St. Petersburg Thursday the 8th @ 3:00pm
City of Tarpon Springs Tuesday the 6th @ 6:30pm
City of Treasure Island Tuesday the 6th @ 6:00pm
Southwest Florida Water Management District No Meetings
South Florida Water Management Thursday the 8th @ 9:00am
WCIND Friday the 9th @ 4:00pm
From the minutes of the August 26th Meeting
Mr. Mcbride offered the following comments:
• Coquina Dredging Project – he attended 2 meetings to discuss channel alignment and restoration/mitigation options. Permits are moving forward.
• WCIND staff is assisting with Palma Sola project.
• WCIND staff continues to work with Island Transportation Planning Organization (ITPO).
• Trestle Project – WCIND staff is crafting bid specifications for the work.
• Charlotte Harbor Fisheries Forum – District staff continues to provide technical assistance as requested by Sea Grant, University of Florida.
• WCIND staff is working with Charlotte County staff on access for contractor at 371 N. Gulf Blvd., as part of the Stump Pass Project, per citizen complaint.
• Big Carlos Pass – draft permit received from USACOE – comments sent to USACOE for finalization.
• Bid documents in process to bid out construction work.
• Working with Lee County staff to explore possibility of bidding New Pass and Big Carlos together to save cost of mobilization.
• Working with City of Venice on obtaining consent to use of easement for library parking.
• Working with City of Venice/USACOE on Anita’s Sandcastle resolution (South Jetty).
• Working multiple additional real-estate issues with USACOE.
• Assisting County and USCG with channel marker project.
• Met with Parks/Recreation about seawall and fishing pier issues at Cherokee Park in Englewood.
• Attended public meetings on FFWCC Critical Wildlife Area proposals (multi-county).
• At the request of FFWCC Endangered Species Deputy Director, providing comments and additional resources to FFWCC.
• Scope of work approved for DMMA and Commercial landing study, work beginning at present time.
• Working with DEP to educate tow boat operators about seagrass impacts – help develop BMP’s.
• Qualified firms through RFP process to perform derelict and abandoned vessel in conjunction with District Derelict Vessel Initiative.
• Working with USA COE to finalize October 25, 2016 through October 27, 2016 IWW Waterway Inspection Boat Tour agenda.